Thursday, January 15, 2009

Choose Wisely!

As I am sitting in the warmth of my house. Old man winter is pounding on the door with minus 20 degree force. Pound away!!! I am not leaving, at least for awhile. I have the day off because of the cold. The last day I had off because of the cold was January 30th of last year. I chose wisely because yesterday, I had a dentist appointment that took up most of the morning and I had yesterday off as well. So today is a nice gift and break from the routine.
Yesterday I graduated from the dentist, at least for awhile. In the last three months, I went 4 times because of cavities...Booo. With all the money, I put into my mouth I could have funded a great trip somewhere!
A word of advice! Don't go multiple years with out a trip to the dentist like I did! I remember the dentist saying, "Boy, I haven't seen a cavity this bad in 6 weeks" on one of my visits. I guess that means, I won an award and have a plaque on a wall somewhere in his office. I don't know if that is a good thing???
So last night the school that I teach at cancelled school, so I knew that I didn't have to set an alarm. It felt great to sleep in.
What does the day hold for me? I am planning on making some bread, heading to the gym for a workout, and maybe a walk. Inside or outside....to be determined.
Note: In the time that it took for me to type this it has dropped two degrees.... -22 .....

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wise words, Mr. Sciacca...wise words.

Enjoy your day while I soldier on, doing PR. Enjoy the day.

Kurt said...

No joke is it cold !!! My daughter Summer who goes to school up in Zimmerman has had the last 2 days off. The bummer part is that I was up to see if she had school off. Take care guys !!