Thursday, January 1, 2009

...And Hello 2009!

Happy new year! Derek's end-of-2008 post pretty much sums up my sentiments. Looking at that list, one thing is clear -- there was much to enjoy in 2008! I'm very thankful for getting a chance to do and experience all that I did, but more importantly, I'm thankful for the people who helped make it so enjoyable. Derek, friends, family...you know who you are.

Derek and I celebrated the end of 2008 with an old favorite -- dinner at Great Waters Brewery in downtown St. Paul. We had appetizers, drinks, dinner and dessert, we spent about 2.5 hours total in that place. Good stuff! We started with a hummus/pita/veggies plate, followed by chicken for me and duck for Derek. The best was the desset, though...bread pudding as big as my head. Derek was happy...just look at him!


After dinner, that left us with about 2.5 more hours to burn until midnight, and we decided to spend it at home...where it was warm, comfortable and free! I really couldn't ask for more on NYE.

So far today has been what New Year's should be...a whole lot of not much of anything besides relaxing and enjoying simple pleasures like pancakes and a walk on what's turned out to be a not-too-cold day. The year 2009 is off to a great start.

No comments: