Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodby 2008!!

Wow! It is hard to believe that another year has passed. I am reminded by what my Grandpa always said...."the years just keep getting faster, as you get older." Well I just wanted to wish everyone a great 2009! May you have a great new year!

I also wanted to create some best of 2008 lists...here it goes:

Best Music acts I saw:
  • MIA at the Myth
  • The Hold Steady in July at First Avenue
  • Lucy Kaplansky and Storyhill at the Fitzgerald
  • Jeremy Messersmith at Mears Park
  • Trampled by Turtles at MN State Fair

Best Albums:

  • The Hold Steady: Stay Positive
  • Mates of State: Re-arrange us
  • Cloud Cult: Partying Thur Tornadoes...
  • Mike Doughty: Golden Delicious
  • Jeremy Messersmith: Silver City
  • Bon Iver: For Emma, forever ago

Best Trips:

  • Month long trip in Colorado
  • Presidents day weekend in Chicago
  • Leesome Lake multiple times
  • Philadelphia
  • X-mas in Chicago

Best Eateries for Dinner:

  • Great Waters Brewery
  • BonXai
  • Peninsula
  • Seven Sushi
  • Nala Pak

Best Eateries for Breakfast:

  • West Egg Fork (Chicago)
  • Longfellow's
  • Highland Grill
  • Egg and I
  • Trotters

No comments: