Friday, January 23, 2009

Semester 19...done

86 days....That is how many school days the last semester was. I am always surprised by how fast the days fly by. It seemed like only yesterday was October. WOW.
Now that the semester is done, I have the new semester to look forward to. This past semester went well. I had really well behaved students, who were eager to learn. Which makes teaching fun. Yeah!!
As I am typing this up I am having a hard time believing that I have been in the education field for 10 years now. If I do the math quick...on average, I have about 20 student in each class...I teach 5 classes a semester. Now take 100 multiply by 19....wow....I have had about 1900 students in the last decade.
Now if I could only remember all their names. Hahah imagine that!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Derek,
That is a whole high school full of kids, if you think about it. Nicely done. What did my father always say about teaching, "it is good work, if you can stand it." Sounds like you're taking it all in stride. I wish I could be one of your drafting students--always thought that would be an awesome skill to have (and I could help Bob when they build stores:)