Friday, July 18, 2008

Colorado.

As I think back about the last few weeks, I have pleasant memories of my trip to Colorado. All told I was gone for 17 days, drove a little over 2800 miles, and saw many different aspects of Colorado. Instead of having a play by play account of my trip, I am going to compile a list of things I was able to do as well as include a few pictures….
  • Go on one Hell of a Road Trip funded by the US Government (thanks for the economy stimulus rebate check!)
  • Spend time in Denver, Breckenridge, Fresco, Vail, and Gunnison areas
  • Attend a Rockies game at Coors Stadium
  • Watched a car accident occur (shouldn’t “text and drive”….ouch!!!)
  • Climb four “14ers” (Bierstadt, Evans, La Plata, Huron)
  • Backpack thru unbelievable serene wilderness
  • Hike and camp in winter like conditions
  • Run on beautiful trails in the Leadville, Gunnison, Crested Butte areas
  • Hike to the bottom of the Black Gunnison Canyon
  • Experience a powerful, middle of the night, thunderstorm in Nebraska
  • Reconnect and establish better relationships with some great people (Kerry, Lauren, Michael, and Nicole, as well as many others.
  • Spend time with Tracy and show her the great state of Colorado.



No comments: