Friday, July 25, 2008

The Hold Steady nearly killed me!

It has been awhile since I have had the opportunity to sit down in front of a computer. (I have been in northern Wisconsin for the last week). So I am a little late on a posting an entry about the Hold Steady show that took place on Tuesday night at First Avenue.

I am glad that I took the time to drive down here see the show! It was great! I thought that it was a better show then when they played at the State Theater this past fall. They played past and present songs and kept the First Avenue rocking for almost two hours.

As I was listening and watching them perform...there songs seem to remind me of my past and bring up experiences I have lived through. Everytime I hear them I feel like doing something carefree and strugging off life's responsibilty to do something fun.

That brings me to why I think what makes the Hold Steady, in my eyes, a great band. Is that Craig Finn is a modern day storyteller and a good one at that. He is able to "name drop" places, have returning characters in his songs, and make the songs relateable to people. In addition to the storytelling...he is entertaining to watch, he and the rest of the band truly enjoy what they are doing.

Thanks Hold Steady for making great music!!

No comments: