Saturday, February 23, 2008

Flu Bug...

Your luck is not very good when 3 teachers you teach with and many students you have in class, come down with influenza. It is just a matter of time before you catch it. So guess what...the flu bug has bit and has bit hard.

After spending most of Friday in bed and part of Saturday morning, I am starting to feel a little better. I am surprised by how stiff I feel. I am not sure if it caused because of lying on my back for 20 hours or if it is because of the flu. If I had to bet, am thinking it is a little of both. No matter what the reason is, it is amazing how unmotivated I have become.

Currently, I look outside at the beautiful sunshine, warmer conditions and think about how I should get outside and enjoy it. But, there is no motivation to do anything let alone go outside. Ok,ok, ok….Enough with the complaining, I am not posting this to cast out a line of sympathy. There are many others out there that are feeling the same way I am feeling, if not worse.

So the main reason of posting a blog entry, (besides making time pass faster). Is to explain what a perfect day would be, if I were feeling better. So here it goes…

Morning:
Go for a run along Summit Avenue. Come home for breakfast and have a huge bowl of oatmeal with raisins, bananas, and egg whites accompanied with large amounts of coffee. Enjoy the coffee while reading the paper and let the morning blend together with the early afternoon.

Afternoon:
Go for a walk with Tracy around Phalen Lake and maybe do a little X-country skiing while I am there. Possibly, if there was still time go to the gym for some strength training before dinner.

Night:
Head out for dinner. This would be what I was craving, but I am pretty sure it would be one of two places: Great Waters (American) or CafĂ© BoXani (Asian) both in Saint Paul. Then head up to Cheapo and purchase the new Bon Iver album and listen to it while heading to the MOA, because we still have a bunch of free passes to the rides there. Maybe if the mood struck us right, go to the new movie with Jack Black, ­Be Kind Rewind. (I think it looks rather funny). Then head home.

Well that is it, if I could have it my way, that is what I would do. But unfortunately, that wasn’t the cards I was dealt. So I will keep drinking fluids, resting, and passing the time until I feel better. Until then….take care.

No comments: