Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chicago...

Chicago…where it begin? I’ll start with this, what a Great weekend! I had an excellent time and I am pretty confident, I can say the same for Tracy.

In my opinion, if you are looking for a great get away you should definitely go to “the Windy City.” Here is what I recommend you do…Go to a major travel outfitter via the internet. Put in the dates you would like to go, search for both a flight and hotel and I bet you will find some great deals. Tracy and I were able to get a great flight and stay in a hotel one block from Michigan Avenue for…..well lets just say very economical.

Since we did so much it would take some extra work to write up a blog entry that would be short enough to keep the readers attention. As well as, me not take forever and a day to type an entry. So I am going to compile a list of what we did on a daily basis. Enjoy.

Friday…

  • Arrive at O’Hare and take the “L” to hotel (Inn of Chicago) arrival 12:45 pm.
  • Walk, explore, and run along lakeshore and thru Grant Park. (Checked out the Bean” in Millennium Park)
  • Dinner we went out to Kamehachi: Old Town‎ a sushi restaurant wow it was great!

Saturday…

  • Awake and run along the lakeshore north to Lincoln Park and back.
  • Hustle to Train Depot and catch the Metra train to Harvard to visit relatives. (I really enjoyed it. I was able to see my grandparents, cousin, and say congratulations, face to face, to my aunt for her recovering health.)
  • Get back to Chicago. (Wanted to go to the top of the Sears Tower but the wait was too long.)
  • Wander…wander….got side tracked by seeing fireworks shot over the Chicago River and Michigan Avenue. Wow!
  • After long wait for dinner at several places we left and settled for Armenian food at Sayat Nova East Armenian‎ (located across the street from our hotel.)
  • Walk off dinner along Michigan Avenue.

Sunday...

  • Wake and run in shorts (it was 43 degrees out!)….Then breakfast at the West Fork Café. (Wow this was great…healthy, clean tasting and filling.)
  • Walk off breakfast with no jackets (It warmed up to the upper 40’s). We headed back to “The Bean” for pictures.
  • Then wandered over to the Chicago Art Institute. (We were able to see priceless art…Picasso, George Seurat, Monet…)
  • On the way back to the hotel we stopped in the Freedom Museum located next to the Chicago Tribune building. (It contained information about your rights of “Freedom of Speech” and some famous court cases that infringed people’s rights.)
  • Dinner we headed to the Indian Garden. Great!!
  • For a night cap and dessert we headed to the top of the 96th floor of the John Hancock Building.

Monday…

  • Run north to Lincoln Park and back.
  • Eat a quick breakfast at The Corner Bakery. (Very good)
  • Pack up and head to the “L” for a ride back to O’Hare for our flight at 1:15pm.
  • The afternoon was seamless we were back home in the house at 4:00. I Couldn’t had asked for it to be any more smooth.

In a nutshell that is it! It was a great weekend. I look forward to a return back to the “Windy City.”

No comments: