Thursday, October 16, 2008

Iron Fork

The fall is upon us. I enjoy this time of year. Crisp mornings and mild afternoons, makes it perfect for enjoying hot coffee, warm comfort food while wearing shorts and a cozy sweatshirt.

I think back and the last time I felt this sort of crispness in the air. Was this past summer while I was hiking in Colorado. I remember the day; I woke up around 4:30 am to hike to the top of Mount Huron to watch the sunrise. There is nothing better then being above 14,000 feet on a cloudless morning, seeing your breath, while enjoying the view. The time seems to stand still. Until the crispness in the air nips you and reminds you are getting cold, then it is time to get moving.

Regardless of mountain climbing and air temperature, I am reminded about a year ago Tracy and I attended the Iron Fork, a charity for Second Harvest. It is awesome, it benefits a great cause, and you’re able to observe a cooking competition while sampling about 20 different restaurants signature dishes.

Since we had such a great time last year, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to attend to again. Tonight’s the night…I am really looking forward to it….In fact, I am starting to drool just thinking about it stay tuned for a full report....

No comments: