Thursday, June 5, 2008

School's Done!

As I finish up grading the last of my students final exams and projects. A wave of relief is coming over me. My ninth year of teaching is just about over and summer is just about ready to begin. Being a teacher it is hard not to feel like many of my students, who are “bouncing off the walls” to be done for the year.

I think back on my life and this has been the 28th year that I have been in school, either as a student or a teacher. Twenty eight years? That is hard to believe. The routine of those years have a nine and three ratio: nine months of school and then three months of summer. This routine is almost planned, because I know that it is scheduled.

So what is the summer plan for me? Other then enjoy the time off, I plan on teaching Drivers Ed. summer school, vacation to Colorado, spending time with friends/family, attend music events, festivals…WOW!….There’s a lot I want to do…..Gotta go!…….See ya!….I have a summer to enjoy!!!

No comments: