Tuesday, June 10, 2008

FANS 24

I finally feel like I have caught up on sleep. Tracy and I volunteered for safety patrol during the FANS 24 hour running race. Our shift was on Sunday morning from 1:30 AM to 5:30 AM. What we had to do, is walk in the reverse direction of the runners and look for any runners who needed some assistance (no one did). The course is around Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis, one lap is about 2.8 miles. We were able to make 4 laps around the lake during our shift.

I was surprised how fast the time passed. We did our normal activities on Saturday during the daylight hours. Once the sun started to set on Saturday, we took a little nap from 9:00 PM to 12:30 AM. Then got up and drove to the race to start our shift.

We got back home at 6:00 AM on Sunday morning. We slept, ate, slept, ran some errands, ate, slept…..I think it was in that order then it was Monday morning.

It was, free, fun and something different then the usual activities, I participate in. I was able to see the sunrise, get some exercise, help out the running community, meet some new people, chat with Tracy about random thoughts, and make the weekend last a little longer then normal.

No comments: