Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Album...

I don’t have any new activities to report on, except for finally feeling better. It took me a little over a week to finally feel better. So a word of advice….Look out for the flu bug! It’s bite is a lot worse then it’s bark. Anyways…I did want to say something about two new albums, I recently got: Bon Iver and Mike Doughty.

First album:
Bon Iver debut release "For Emma, Forever Ago," a nine-song album, came together at a remote cabin in the woods of Northwestern Wisconsin.: This is a wonderful album. If you want to listen to a soft tempo, beautiful harmonics, and music you can feel with your heart. This is the album. Jeremy Vernon puts a lot of emotion in to the songs which creates an excellent blend of words and great texture to the music….beautifully executed!
Second album:
Mike Doughty’s new release “Golden Delicious.” This is a follow up to his 2005 album, Haughty Melodic. This is another great album…so it is easy to say, I really enjoy it. I have always been a fan of Soul Coughing and of M. Doughty’s other solo work. On this album he continues to create catchy songs, plays with words, and creates great guitar riffs accompanied with a great bass beat. When listening to “Golden Delicious,” I feel like being carefree, reckless, and doing anything that involves fun.

No comments: