Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cold Day!!!!

One of the perks of being a teacher is that you are on the same schedule as students. What that means is that if school gets called off for them, it also gets called off for you. Yeah!!!
Most of the days school gets cancelled is because of snow or ice, that makes the roads impassable for the buses. But today was different it was because of the cold weather. I think that there is some formula that Wisconsin school districts use....if the ambient temperature and the wind chill is below a certain temperature, no school!
It is nice to have an unexpected day off. It reminds me of being a kid. So much potential in what the day holds. So today my plan...taking it easy. I just finished up with breakfast and I am doing a little surfing in the "net." Currently, I have been listening to"the Current" in studio performances while looking for a warm spring break trip get away. Any suggestions, anyone??
I also have been thinking about a "In the Loop" taping through MPR that Tracy and I attended last night. It was pretty interesting it was an open forum, town hall style, about presidential candidate's and Super Tuesday next week. We have attended several of the taping's before about different topics.
What I enjoy the most about "ITL" is listening to other people points of view, face to face. In my opinion today's society the person to person contact seems to be less then what it was in the past. With all the technology advances it is easy to stay home watch TV, download pod casts, You Tube, TiVo something for later, and avoid the public eye. But "ITL" allows you to get out of your comfort zone and experience what other people, who you don't know, have to say.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I would agree that people tend to hide behind things like computer,etc. Easy to say how you feel when you do not need to say it in front of anyone huh.