Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Snow!!!!

...."It has arrived," she said. I agreed with the woman I crossed paths with this morning, while on a walk. As I walked in the opposite direction, I chucked to myself about the "it has arrived" comment. It is almost as if the apocalypse had started or that chicken little was right and the sky did fall. No matter how you look at it. The first snow fall of the year is here.

I enjoy the snow and everything it brings. The holidays, skiing, colder weather, ice fishing and maybe the most important a reminder to slow down. It is a time of the year to reflect, take stock of the good things in your life, and to live in the moment.

This morning after coming back from the walk. I took my winter clothes off, warmed up, ate a warm piece of banana bread (thanks to Tracy!), looked out the window and thought of nothing. This is exactly what I should be doing.

1 comment:

Nermal said...

The apocalypse has arrived, and soon, so will I. Not sure whether that's a good thing or not, though... Enjoy the snow!!