Tuesday, May 27, 2008

$62.00???

I grumbled and said to Tracy, “62 bones…ouch,” as we pulled out of the gas station. 62 dollars is what it cost me to fill up my Ford Explorer’s gas tank before we took off out of town on Friday night. With the price of gas approaching the four dollar mark, it makes filling your tank an expensive venture. I will admit, I have complained and dreaded going to the pump. Now with no sign of relief, I have come to the conclusion there is nothing I can do about it. It is, in fact, a sign of the times.

Instead of complaining, I have changed my perception and have tried to make every time I drive, count. Case in point, even though it was over sixty dollars to drive to my family’s campground in Northern Wisconsin. It was worth every cent. There is not a price I could put on: a hug from my Grandma, seeing my Grandpa smile, a run through the woods with Tracy and my brother, eating around the campfire, enjoying time with my parents, jumping in the lake, and enjoying the simple life of the Northwood’s. I look forward to my return back to Leesome Lake and everything that comes along with going there.

Until that time I will continue to combine errands, carpool, ride a bike, and cut corners to save money to make my driving time count.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

I hear you !!! I filled up Sonya's van the other day and almost died when it was like $75.00 !!! But you summed it up with all that about your Grandpa and running in the woods with Tracy. There is no price tag for that kind of fun.

Alex said...

I like this post. I would also like to request a review of the Dance Spectrum 25th Anniversary show, "All That Dance." I'm sure Tracy has some insightful feedback and remarks about her alma mater of dance. Specifically, I would like her to go number by number and say what she thought of the costume, choreography, the music and level of ability among the dancers.

Thank you, blog people!