Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January Slump....

Hello. I thought I would make a post just to keep in the habit of doing so. Tracy and I haven't really done anything new since New Years. Maybe the reason is because the holiday's have taken the wind out of our sails and just being home feels good. Or is it the colder/darker/snowier weather that has curtailed our activities? Or possibly is it the lack of interesting events taking place in the area? I am not sure what the reason is, but I thought I would blog about it.

One activity that I have been doing (and I hope that Tracy enjoys this). Is I have refined some of my cooking skills. That's right...I have found enjoyment in making a loaf of homemade pumpkin bread and along with other culinary creations. I knew I had turned a corner, when I was pretty amped about getting a new food processor for X-mas (thanks Mom)!

With or without the new food processor I think, I would have still evolved in the kitchen. The reason....because I enjoy it. So maybe having a "slump" in the activities has been a good thing. It has allowed me to find an new found enjoyment....Cooking. So the next time if you see me and it looks like I have packed on a few pounds, you know why.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Glad to see you all in blog-land. Let's try to get togeather soon !!