Sunday, November 4, 2007

Free Tickets?!?!?!!!

It was about 5:00 on Friday evening, I was just about ready to put on some lounge wear and put my feet up for the night then the phone rang. It was Tracy's Dad, he knew someone who had a brother, who had free tickets to Bruce Springsteen. Two hours later, Tracy and I were handed front row tickets to our section. I about crapped!!!

So here Tracy and I were standing one row up from the floor about 50 meters from the stage at the Xcel Energy Center with 18,000 people above us. The half hour or so we sat there we were able to see the "X" fill up with people. Shortly after 8:00, the music began with a bang and didn't let up for over 2 hours. Bruce was unbelievable. I was amazed by the non stop action, number of songs, how professional the E street band was, the crowd, and how he was able to deliver such intensity song after song.

After having a couple of days to think about the show. I have realized that Bruce is truly the Boss. The way he controlled the stage, his band, and the crowd was truly awesome. He is a piece of music Americana. A musician who has the influence to sell out arena after arena, create wonderful songs, and put on more then a concert, but create an unforgettable event.

In the end, am I glad I went, hell ya! Thanks to Patrick (Tracy's Dad) for the tickets!!! I was lucky enough to see Bruce perform a great show and create musical memories that I will remember for a long time.

No comments: