Friday, October 26, 2007

Laying Low

Laying low tonight and just enjoying the couch, the t.v. and the company. Nothing to review or critique at the moment (unless you count my praises for the dinner Derek made). I guess it's my turn for random thoughts:

  • Derek clued me in to this one: Tapes N Tapes is performing in a free Pabst-sponsored show at the Triple Rock on Nov. 30, according to yesterday's Pioneer Press. Sounds like their new album will be out in the next couple of months. Don't know if the Nov. 30 show is in the cards, but I'm sure it will be good. We saw them at First Ave. last December and they were in prime form. One of the best shows I saw all year.

  • Has anyone seen the trailor for Lars and the Real Girl? Anything that prominently features a blow-up doll along with the words love story is going to pique my curiosity, if nothing for the seeming absurdity of it all. Plus, it's written by Nancy Oliver, who also wrote for Six Feet Under. I just read this review by Roger Ebert and the opening line of his article was enough for me: "How do you make a film about a life-sized love doll, ordered through the Internet, into a life-affirming statement of hope?" That says enough to make me want to find out.

No comments: